Shor, Boris, and Nolan McCarty. (2011) 2011. “The Ideological Mapping of American Legislatures”. American Political Science Review 105 (3): - 551. Referenced from search.proquest.com: The ideological mapping of American legislatures.
- Shor, Boris, Christopher Berry, and Nolan McCarty. (2010) 2010. “A Bridge to Somewhere: Mapping State and Congressional Ideology on a Cross-Institutional Common Space”. Legislative Studies Quarterly 35 (3): - 448. Referenced from search.proquest.com: A bridge to somewhere: mapping state and congressional ideology on a cross-institutional common space.
- Voorheis, John, Nolan McCarty, and Boris Shor. 2015. “Unequal Incomes, Ideology and Gridlock: How Rising Inequality Increases Political Polarization”. SSRN. doi:10.2139/ssrn.2649215.
- McCarty, Nolan, and Boris Shor. 2016. “Partisan Polarization in the United States: Diagnoses and Avenues for Reform”. SSRN. doi:10.2139/ssrn.2714013.
- McCarty, Nolan, J Rodden, and Boris Shor. 9999. “Geography, Uncertainty, and Polarization”. Cambridge.Org. Referenced from www.cambridge.org: Geography, uncertainty, and polarization.
- McGhee, Eric, Seth Masket, Boris Shor, Steven Rogers, and Nolan McCarty. (2022) 2014. “A Primary Cause of Partisanship? Nomination Systems and Legislator Ideology”. American Journal of Political Science 58: 337–351. doi:10.1111/ajps.12070.